Join now - be part of our community!

XD9305 - Loss of all power

XD9305 - Loss of all power

Hi - Has anyone experienced a loss of power on the new XD9305?  Having switched TV off as normal yesterday, it is now dead.I have checked power and I have checked fuse - a 10Amp one and still nothing.I have also tried the button at the back and the remote ( and changed batteries).

Very frustrating as having bought the latest TV Sony have out ( in June), less than 6 months later TV is dead.

239 REPLIES 239
profile.country.GB.title
VirgilSollozzo
Explorer

Your TV will break again. I had the exact same issue, the repair service here in Tallinn Estonia replaced the supply board and TV worked for another 10 months before it broke down again.

I guarantee your TV will do the same..Just wait for it..

Iandb0812
Explorer

Am a late comer to the this screen, purchased May 2017 and had this on Friday eveing 

Incredibaly frustrating that Sony call centre not open at all over the weekend!  so had to wait until monday to contact them.  Engineer booked for Friday 23rd

profile.country.GB.title
jstal40024
Explorer

TV now repaired. I have also upgraded the TV to the latest version pkg5.381. The bend in the TV has now gone away must of been when the repair was done when the fitters balanced the screen on a stand and applied pressure to remove/insert screws on the back of the TV. Lets see how long the fix lasts.

profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

Don't hold your breath.....

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Sinsinatus
Explorer

TLDR: 3rd occurrence of this fault. Sony terrible and deceitful; Richer Sounds replaced TV.

Third time I had this fault in 22 months. I bought the TV from Richer Sounds.
I refused a repair with Sony and had the case "escalated". I also reported it to RS and they said we’ll help if required, but must wait for Sony’s response.

Sony didn’t get back to me in the timeframe they gave.

Despite my instructions, Sony booked a repair.
The local subcontractor told me this, since they had ordered a new power board.
I called Sony, who said they had to go off the subcontractor’s recommendation, but would replace it if recommended.
The subcontractor said the TV is repairable (and admitted that recurrence is common), but Sony would not replace it if it can be repaired.

I told RS, who confirmed the number of previous repairs and and details with Sony.
RS told me that Sony will only repair if repair is possible (regardless of whether the repair has proven only temporary twice before).

RS offered a replacement TV from their range, with the option of adding money on top if my preferred TV costs more than the equivalent Sony model. Even my missing stand was less of an issue than anticipated (they charged a £30 fee—I was going to pay £40 for one on eBay if required) 

I know my TV was a bad model/unit, but the deception and generally appalling service is what really struck me. I don’t like the whiny comments you see on support pages and forums with lists of Sony equipment—brand loyalty means nothing. Still, my disdain now is such that is that I will be selling my other Sony equipment except the—AV receiver, Walkman, headphones— and may never buy another Sony product. Conversely, I remain loyal to Richer Sounds.

profile.country.GB.title
maj_storm

there may be some good news.. if a little too late!

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00180172 

Dear valued BRAVIA customer,

Some KD-55XD9305 and KD-65XD9305 TVs may experience an issue where they will not power on due to a problem with the power supply circuit board.

To address this issue—subject to the terms and conditions of the product guarantee applicable to these models—we will repair your affected TV, free of charge, until the 31st January 2021.

Thank you for your support and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Affected models

• KD-55XD9305
  • KD-65XD9305

Resolution

If you have an affected model that will not power on, please contact our product support team for assistance. If their diagnosis confirms that the issue is caused by the power supply circuit board failure, your affected TV will be repaired, free of charge, subject to the guidelines stipulated above.

profile.country.GB.title
Olley_1
Explorer

So, my XD9305 has now died too and appears to have the same problem as most people here in the thread.

It lasted almost two years so I guess I got somewhat lucky.

The retailer has informed Sony of my problem and right now I am awaiting for them to get in touch with me for an in-house repair.

I'm glad to hear that Sony are going to repair this fault until 2021 but it's very disappointing to hear that they do not have a permanent fix. Powering the TV on will now feel like playing russian roulette!

profile.country.GB.title
Babydoc56
Explorer

Hi all!

Back again. The 15 month old XD9305 now has a green horizontal line and the image is intermittently ghosted (a shadow). Online technical support useless as always, want to check if I have turned off and turned it back on. I have even changed the network and HDMI cables!

So went off to the local John Lewis store, determined not to get into the usual repair hassle. Manager went through the history, offered to pay back the cost, upgraded to the new AF8 OLED model, coming today!

No more XD9305, both gone for good now.

A1 working flawlessly, hope the new AF8 will too, as it is essentially the same screen and electronics.

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

My KD-65XD9305 had the power board replaced on Nov 19th last year. It has now broken once again.

No power, cannot power on.

I don't want a temporary fix once again. I want this replaced.

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

I was supposed to get a call within 4 hours...  guess what? yep no call..

Absolute no change in Sony's pathetic customer service and promises.