Join now - be part of our community!

XD9305 - Loss of all power

XD9305 - Loss of all power

Hi - Has anyone experienced a loss of power on the new XD9305?  Having switched TV off as normal yesterday, it is now dead.I have checked power and I have checked fuse - a 10Amp one and still nothing.I have also tried the button at the back and the remote ( and changed batteries).

Very frustrating as having bought the latest TV Sony have out ( in June), less than 6 months later TV is dead.

239 REPLIES 239
profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

still nothing. How do I escalate this?

profile.country.GB.title
MikeHart1982
Explorer

Same happen to me. I have bought KD65XD9305 on 21/01/2017 and only after 5 months has broken down 27/06/2017. I have rang Sony and requested repair as I didn't even know what's coming with this particular TV ... Engeener who collected the faulty TV stated "I had a few of those this week" and already said it's the power board fault and all they do is replacing the defected board over and over again. After 3 weeks the TV came back to me and worked until last Sunday. Same situation, no power, nothing. So only last 14 months. I have raised my ticket with Sony just like last year but this time knowing the common manufacture defect I have requested product replacement. Only just received an email back from Sony stating this was declainded as per Sony warranry. Well, I've checked what it says and dont agree with the refusal. I'm going to escalate this, this is just unacceptable.   

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

It is just beyond me that something like that is allowed to be sold. It can break any moment and you will be without a TV for several days, sometimes even weeks. OK, they extended warrenty till 2021, but after that, probability is high that the day will come when you will sit on a dead TV. Why didn't they fix the board? They just replace it with a board that will break again sooner or later. Awesome quality... NOT!

profile.country.GB.title
MikeHart1982
Explorer

For UK customers, guys please don't forget about gov.uk website or Citizen Advise Bureau. Don't let them get away with this!!!!!

https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds

profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

Insist on a replacement upgrade to an XE etc.... I did but you have to make a lot of noise and speak to management not support. It's a long battle but worth it in the end. Regards Ian B

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

Same goes for me mate.. it took 4 to 5 weeks but I got a 65” KD-65XF9005 replacement. It took a lot of calls and emails..  nothing really happened until I emailed customer relations here in the UK.

cro.en@eu.sony.com

Once I’d got that far and spoke to a really understanding member of their team.. I had the faulty Bravia swapped in a week..

The XF is light years ahead of the old Bravia that caused me so much pain.

profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

Sounds like my 2 went too early !! I got a great replacement of an XE and am really happy with it as it's a big step up from the XD but the XF sounds even better. Well done

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

The XF is a beaut mate. Though I certainly would have been happy with the XE as you are too.

profile.country.GB.title
loufero
Explorer

Anyone with a KD-55XD9305 (or 65) can get this replaced. Check the sony support site and create a ticket. I have done so and I am awaiting an update on my ticket.

Go to :

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00180172

Hope this helps anyone. I was a minute away from smashing the tv up. but its always good to keep calm and check things first. 

Good Luck

Lou

profile.country.GB.title
Tracer275
Explorer

Here we go again.....

My XD93 has once again refused to power on, should never have accepted the repair the first time it broke down I guess. Anyway, that was back in January, when I was promised that if the tv broke down again, it would be replaced immediately without question. I have the emails from our friends at Sony as evidence.

So, after reporting the fault again on Monday, guess what, no response.

Emailed again Tuesday am, no response.

Telephoned Tuesday pm, spoke to a very helpful person who located all the case notes and I was informed that they could see that I was due to be telephoned today between 3pm and 5pm.

True to form, no call from Sony.

I think that eventually Sony will replace this TV for me but who knows when that will be if they can't even be bothered to phone back when they promise.