Join now - be part of our community!

XD94 - IR blaster menu options missing, can't try it

SOLVED
ambukor
Explorer

XD94 - IR blaster menu options missing, can't try it

Hello,

does anyone know how to enable the IR blaster functionallity? I've plugged the USB stick in the TV, tried running "Initial setup" and at no point in time does the wizzard ask, if I'd like to controll my set-up box. I don't have a "IR blaster" (or anything similar) menu option under the External inputs, nor did factory reset change anything.

The TV's the KD-75XD9405BEAP, which is suppose to support the IR blaster? Should there be any notification when you plug it into the USB port? Are the menu options hidden if it's not plugged in or is this some weird regional restriction?

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi,
if you don't find IR Blaster MENU from Google Play you can install the App Sideload Launcher, after that you can find IR Blaster Setup into Sideload.

Manolo

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi,
if you don't find IR Blaster MENU from Google Play you can install the App Sideload Launcher, after that you can find IR Blaster Setup into Sideload.

Manolo

ambukor
Explorer

Ah, thanks Manolo! Found the initial setup that way.

But it seems there's a reason it was hidden, or so it seems. I couldn't get really far with the wizzard before I got a generic "An error has occured". Can't get pass the screen where I'm suppose to make sure the setup box is connected to an HDMI input and turned on and one of the IR blaster's signal senders is in front of it. 😆

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I'm focused on IR Blaster MENU but, USB? Is from an old device?
In a KD-49XD8305 IR Blaster is a mini jack input and there is only on a limited region/country/TV model.
Probably your XD94 Serie don't has IR Blaster...

XD8305 Connectors:

4593457131.pdf.png

XD9405 Connectors:

4584644141.pdf.png

Manolo

ambukor
Explorer

HI Marino,

Thanks for the help again. I got it to work in the morning, but didn't have the time to write about it. The problem was that there's several "ir blaster setup" wizards available via the launcher you suggested. One just links to the general setup, where you have to turn the set-up box on and insert the IR blaster, which ends with an error, but the second wizard lets you choose the STB manufacturer and model and after I selected the correct set-up box model the blaster controls started working… Well, partially.

Sadly I think my service provider bundled a 3rd party remote with the setup box, which seems to have led them to also change the default IR codes for mostly every key. The only action that works via the IR blaster is the turn on/off action and one of the menu buttons - the number keys for channel selection and Ch+ / Ch- sadly don't work.

I'll give it another go when I get some more time but I'm presuming it's going to be an impossible situation to solve since I presume I can't enter my own codes for control. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help again!

ambukor
Explorer

Oh and as far as the XD94 IR blaster support, the new IR blater is USB based, so you just plug it into one of the USB ports. :slight_smile:

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

My fault for IR Blaster, before answer I haven't verified in the Sony UK site...

XD9405   XD9305 Series Specifications   Televisions   Sony UK.png

Manolo