Join now - be part of our community!

XF9005 WiFi disconnect after Oreo

profile.country.GB.title
Tigermad1

XF9005 WiFi disconnect after Oreo

The above tv keeps getting the WiFi not connected pop up after installing Oreo. Lots of people reporting same issue on other forums and other Sony TVs too. Not sure if connected but most people with XF9005 have a Sky Q hub. Can it please be looked in to. 

77 REPLIES 77
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @pjo456,

Thanks for taking your time to respond with an update. We appreciate it since it helps other community members in situations just like yourself.

Can you confirm if you followed the instructions to disable IPv6 in your router settings for the LAN clients?

Cheers,

Dutchice 

profile.country.GB.title
pjo456

@dutchice wrote:

Hi @pjo456,

Thanks for taking your time to respond with an update. We appreciate it since it helps other community members in situations just like yourself.

Can you confirm if you followed the instructions to disable IPv6 in your router settings for the LAN clients?

Cheers,

Dutchice 

Hi, bad news.

It just happened again, message just popped up saying Ethernet not connected. Went into Netfl;ix and wouldnt work as no network. So had to reboot TV to fix it. 

I haven't disabled IPv6, there's many reports on the internet that it's not a good thing to do and can cause problems.

For example http://techgenix.com/stop-disabling-ipv6/

Microsoft also recomend it's left on and state that some of windows features do not work properly if it's disabled.

[quote]

Important Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) is a mandatory part of Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 and newer versions. We do not recommend that you disable IPv6 or its components. If you do, some Windows components may not function.

[/quote]

Before the update, it worked 100% fine with IPv6 enabled, and I don't see why I should have to disable it because the Sony update has messed up something.

I have numerous PC's,  Laptops, Sat boxes, games consoles etc, only the laptops and tablets aren't hardwired.

All work 100% fine.

It's only the TV since the 6510 update. This is the first time I've had it happen since 6520, but it never happened at all until the 6510 update.  

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
pauegert8
Explorer

Ho. This is also happening to me. All ok until the Oreo update but now drops wifi all the time
profile.country.GB.title
LGSAMy

You are correct that you should not have to , but I have turned IPv6 off around 2 weeks ago and have had no problems with any of my devices .

profile.country.GB.title
ancaise

since the update we cannit connect to wired or wifi.  I opened a separate post as I had tried so much!

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/sony-bravia-tv-no-internet-access-since-v8-0-0-v6-6520-ke...

!!  Andy

profile.country.GB.title
pauegert8
Explorer

Hi

This problem is still happening on XF9005 units both on wifi and wired ethernet connections. Embarrassing I recommended your TV to a friend who is now getting the issue.

Just to confirm, this didn't happen before the Oreo update and all other devices are fine.

I have the latest version of your firmware. If a resolution isn't provided soon I will consider returning both sets to Richer Sounds and replace them with another manufacturer.

profile.country.GB.title
LGSAMy

I have  IPv6 disabled for around 4 months now to resolve the connection issues and have had no issues with my TV or any other device on my network .

profile.country.GB.title
pauegert8
Explorer

So to cover the shortfall in Sony's networking skills, they suggest that
everyone delves into the workings of their broadband tourers?

Thus could cause issues with their broadband supplier resulting in more
support calls for them.

The problem is in the Oreo implementation and it's up to Sony to provide a
proper fix!
profile.country.GB.title
Pete0001

I've been getting this problem since Oreo update. Didn't have any problem before this and had the tv for over a year. Same tv and sky hub. Internet doesn't drop off but every so often I get the wifi not connected message. No other tv or device has this problem.

profile.country.GB.title
DarranA

Hi Tigermad1,

I would suggest you contact support here, they will be able to help further on this issue.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Darran