Join now - be part of our community!

Xg8396 info bar issue.

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

Xg8396 info bar issue.

Hi does anyone know when sony will fix the info bar coming up on and off when playing a blueray/dvd disc on a player (X800M2). Gets very annoying. Been watching Lee Evans at o2 and info bar keeps coming on and off as we watch Lee... Been happening for a while now..

DSCPDC_0003_BURST20210419211658092_COVER.JPG

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
CosmicCat

There are loads of us with various models of TV who have been waiting months for Sony to sort this out. If you look through these forums you'll find many other threads about this. I first contacted Sony support beginning of February and have now given up asking when it will be fixed because they won't say. The workaround that works for me is to connect my sources directly to the TV instead of my AV receiver then take the audio back to the receiver via ARC on HDMI 3. It's not ideal but it's better than having the info banner pop up every 10 seconds. I'm seriously cheesed off with Sony for breaking this in the latest firmware update even more annoyed that they don't seem in any hurry to fix it despite the large number of people that are suffering with this problem.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi, the models XG90 and XG83 don't have the option to turn it off. Other model should have it.

• Press Home and navigate to Settings
  • Open ‘Watching TV
  • Change the toggle of the setting ‘Info banner’ to OFF

These are the steps.

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

Thank you that's what I've been saying can't turn off.. You've proved my point. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi D-Law81, I know that Sony has been working on a solution, it's been said it will be a new software update. Fingers crossed.