Join now - be part of our community!

Xg9505 HDD recordings lost

SOLVED
profile.country.FI.title
liripiri
Explorer

Xg9505 HDD recordings lost

Suddenly all the recordings from the HDD are gone. There is just some message saying you should attach usb cable and wait a minute but no luck. What could I do?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.FI.title
liripiri
Explorer

Finally I managed to fix the recording issue. But it was something I certainly did not even think of doing. Here are the steps I did:

First I thought full factory reset would fix the issue. I did the reset, re-registered the HDD, but still the HDD would not be recognised when opened the Title List. Also could not start recording. Also right after the reset, I still would see the flooding of the errors in the logs, see previous post. So the situation was exactly the same like before the reset.

Then I looked again in the Title List, there is also a Recording Error List. It was full of errors, even though it was a new HDD (nothing was recorded ever to it) and the errors seemed to be from the previous HDD that I used. First thought would be, why do I see those errors after reset and switching to a new HDD??? This only Sony knows (hopefully). Well, I thought, I will delete all the errors from the error list. Then I re-registered the new HDD again and voila, no more problems. No errors and could record again. Also checked the system logging (adb) and the error flood is gone! I must say this behaviour is very strange and Sony should definitely look into this...