Join now - be part of our community!

XH90 Freesat EPG Missing BBC1 & 2

profile.country.GB.title
bluesxman
Explorer

XH90 Freesat EPG Missing BBC1 & 2

I've tuned in my satellite using the Freesat setup option. It all works fine except BBC1 and BBC2 only show now and next in the EPG, nothing for later programmes. Other channels (including other BBC ones) are fine.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions on how to sort it?

TV is KD55-XH9005.

Tags (3)
18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Maybe the dish isn't adjusted correctly or there's an issue with the antenna cable somewhere so the frequencies of these channels are affected.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
bluesxman
Explorer

Thanks for the reply.

I have an external freesat box which is fine, using the same cables. But I will try to check the alignment, in case the TV is more fussy.

profile.country.GB.title
Michael.C
Explorer

Hi,

I get the same problem with Freesat on my KDXH9505. All other stations have the full 7 day EPG but the BBC channels do not. An external tuner box connected to the same source works fine.

It does occasionally populate and work for a while but will then revert back to only having Now & Next.

Not the best example for BBC 1 but BBC 2 is particularly empty in the below photo

PXL_20210206_085839913.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Michael.C, try the following:

Home-Settings-apps- YouView/YVservice host- clear cache and data for both then force stop.

Remove the aerial and do a tuning while it's out.

-Put the aerial back, Home- Settings-Watching TV-Channels setup -Digtital setup -YouView setup-Enable YouView and follow the on-screen instructions.

-Press and hold the power button on the remote for 5 seconds to restart the TV.

Thank me later :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
bluesxman
Explorer

Hi, that's Freeview rather than Freesat though? Or is there common functionality with the EPG?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey bluesxman, that's embarrassing :grin: Yes, the steps are for the FreeView as the Freesat guide isn't guaranteed by Sony in the first place. Sorry for that..

profile.country.GB.title
TC2106
Explorer

All - Just bought a SONY OLED KE-48A9 and noticed a few days ago that the FreeSat EPG behaves a bit unreliably whereby some days there is no program info, other days just a few channels show the EPG, other times, just now and next ... I have a very strong satellite signal and I am actually connecting 2 satellite coaxial cables to the TV and have followed the step-by-step SONY satellite set-up for FreeSat connectivity.

Anyone also seeing this and, if so, any further suggestions to fix the issue? Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Michael.C
Explorer

Hi @HannahEd01,

Thanks for trying to help. When you say "the Freesat guide isn't guaranteed by Sony in the first place", what do you mean or where did you see that? When I bought the TV from John Lewis it was marketed as having Freesat and it's a choice when setting up the TV.

profile.country.GB.title
Michael.C
Explorer

@TC2106 - Same issue here, although for me it's only the BBC channels where the guide sporadically works, all the others work fine.