Join now - be part of our community!

XR-55A84K issues

profile.country.GB.title
sparkymarcopolo

XR-55A84K issues

Over the past week our TV which is only 9 months old has started to play up.

It started with going really slow, not responding, apps not loading and now the freeview or catchup doesn't even work properly...pressing TV the screen just goes blank.

Any suggestions as it's too late in the evening to call Sony support?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
sparkymarcopolo

So I factory reset with all USB and HDMI disconnected, selected the google/interactive setup option and same issues, after a few minutes changing channels did not work, very slow.

I then reset again and setup and normal TV and so far, it's a completely different device. Channel changing is faster so it sounds like a google/TV issue.

Anyway, I've logged a case with Sony to see what they suggest

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @sparkymarcopolo, check the software version, is it the latest one? Also clear the TV's cached data (settings - system -storage - internal storage - cached data)

profile.country.GB.title
sparkymarcopolo

Hi @Piscie 

I would have thought a factory reset would have cleared the cache unless Sony's idea of deleting everything is different.....(but it would seem it is).

I spoke to Sony chat (who were damn useless) and then to their support...I'm not sure what planet Sony's support brief is based upon but asking people to film videos of the issue is ludicrous!

Anyway, I performed a factory reset again to setup as google but this time it performed a tv channel scan (why did it not before which I noticed it kept the channel count) and touch wood it's been fine so far for about two hours (although previous power cycling has sorted it short-term)

I will wait and see

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @sparkymarcopolo, fingers crossed it will fix the problem this time. Keep us posted on the outcome, cheers!

profile.country.GB.title
sparkymarcopolo

So far so good @Piscie , two evenings of no issues. Maybe the channel list became corrupt.

What we have noticed though is the YouTube app looks different (load screen and layout), not a big issue but no idea why.

Lastly, I'm not impressed with Sony support overall! 

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @sparkymarcopolo great, I'm glad the issue has been resolved so far. How does YT look different? Maybe a picture of it would be more helpful.

profile.country.GB.title
sparkymarcopolo

Hi @Piscie, I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes. The load screen looks different, it's now a large youtube graphic compared to a smaller graphic with a loading line....plus the in-app thumbnails are larger...it's no bother though as I'm now using SKY Q as the primary unit.