Join now - be part of our community!

XR-55X90J AND cam module

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
emsir64

XR-55X90J AND cam module

Hi,

In September I bought  Sony XR-55X90J and installed a cam card in the cam module. A day after I got artifacts and picture distortion on almost all channels (I got around 50) 

I contacted Sony support and after a couple of days with factory reset and discussion about my cam card, Sony suppott suggested I wait for a specific firmware update for my TV only that should solve my problem. I waited 10 days and contacted Sony support for an update. Answer was I should use the HD app that came with the latest firmware update. I checked and this firmware was only for Germany. I called Sony and told them. They would call me back. In the meantime I contacted seller and told about the problem, and they suggested to return the TV and get my money back.

I called seller and told them if I could get a replacement of the same TV, and they said yes.

A week later I got my replacement - a brand new TV.

I installed the CAM card reader and 2 days later same problems with the new TV. I called my TV provider end they sent me a new card and reader. Same problem.

I was very frustrated and my conclusion was that this TV model have issues with CAM.

I ordered a  set top box from my provider - and guess what.....no problems. So now I am 100 % sure this model have issues with CAM. I can see that other users have the same issue in this forum. Sony must do something about it and fix it. Thank you

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
emsir64

So here we are almost a year later and the pixelation problem is back. I updated to the latest firmware - and bam! I am back at square one. It seems like my TV is broken and I can't use a cam. I'm thinking buying a new TV  - but should it be a Sony TV? I am not sure. There have been a lot of problems on a lot of Sony models with Cam module. 

So I'm afraid to buy another faulty Sony TV.

My first Sony 46" died 1.5 year after I bought it.....Then I bought a 49" Sony, and guess what, the screen was broken when I unboxed it.....got a replacement and it works GREAT with CAM - it's in my bedroom. 

I bought this TV I got now last year, got it replaced with a new. In February the fix for Cam module came out and it worked until now. It's frustrating. I am thinking about forget SONY and try something else - maybe Samsung, but then I have to buy a CAM adapter. Maybe Hisense then. I don't know

profile.country.US.title
adexonis
Explorer

Sony definitely have problems with cam module or with digital tuner. Every time when i turn on tv after some period in standby i got msg "Module inserted" if i set digital tv as last input turn on. And sometimes when changing source to digital tv i got msg cannot be decoded or no signal. After changing all cables and 3 different modules from tv operater it is the same. TV is 50X80J, brand new. They told me to bring brand new tv to service which is min 100 miles from me just to check it...

I am not alone I see, and the problem is years old.

https://community.sony.ba/t5/android-tv/sony-kd55xh8096/m-p/3788734

Never again Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
emsir64

Just want  to update what happened in the last 2 months.

First i called my service provider to have them  check antenna connections and cables. They checked the installations and found that there was some interference  from LTE/4G. Installed a filter. It helped, but did not solve the pixelation completely.

Contacted Sony Support and after some email they came and replaced the board on the TV.

My TV works just great - no pixelation. Problem solved!

Thank you Sony!