Join now - be part of our community!

You View Menu problem

profile.country.GB.title
Scoopfixer
Explorer

You View Menu problem

Up to November 2019 my You View Menu showed all programmes and previous 7 days. You could use the last 7 days menu to play missed programmes via iplayer etc if available. Now all finished programmes show as Information Not Available and only about 80% of current programmes. The Menu available keeps on changing but is never complete, so you have to select a programme and try to work out what you are watching. I have got good Fibre internet coverage. Very disappointed. My old Freeview TV still shows a full menu but is not connectable to the internet. My Sony unit is a KD-43XF8796. Anyone any ideas? What changed 2 months ago?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Scoopfixer
Explorer

Thanks for advise. Firmware is up to date (set on auto). You View EPG content varies each time I use it, some channels will go back to midnight. Others not at all. Channels with NO Information Available seems to be in blocks of 6 or more. Strange thing is that my sister who lives 4 miles away has an identical problem with her Sony TV (different model). We have noted that problems started about November 2019 and we both use BT internet (fibre) and they were changing the options on their service at that time, so could be source of problem. Have considered Factory Reset but being a non Tech pensioner and issues I had setting up in November 2018 when it was new, am reluctant to take that route.
Many thanks. Scoopfixer.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10