Join now - be part of our community!

YouTube issues Android TV XG9505

profile.country.SE.title
Knurra12
Explorer

YouTube issues Android TV XG9505

Since update 6.3626 from May 13 it's not possible to rewind or fast forward YouTube in bulit in chromecast using the TV's remote.

Anyone else encountered this? 

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Knurra12 I do not have Pie on my own A1 but are you aware in any case that you have different possibilities to cast from youtube on your android tv if it matters to you? https://community.sony.it/t5/android-tv/android-tv-tips-youtube-casting/m-p/2659461

profile.country.SE.title
Knurra12
Explorer

Yeah. The thing is that I want to inactivate the YouTube app in the TV to prevent the kids from using it. So I only want to be able to cast it. And up until a few days ago I could rewind etc using the remote while casting YouTube. And at that point I also had Android 9. (it came in January for XG).

I tried the YouTube app on the TV and it's a bit rewamped. Not possible to fast forward 10 secs with one button press anymore. Have to press fast forward once then press OK or Play after. Before it was possible to skip 10 secs using one button press on Right button. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I cannot help on specific usage, mine youtube tv app never had the 10 sec skip present on my phone. Nonetheless may I ask you why you want only use casting but then use it only via the remote and not via the smartphone app ? Is this because you set a sort of playlist fixed by you that your sons can only watch like a sort of broadcast?

Another option could be to use a different casting solution (i.e. airscreen) and see if it has a different defualt player that add the features you want...

profile.country.SE.title
Knurra12
Explorer

Purely convenience. I want to cast from my phone to built in chromecast. Then it's very neat to be able to paus, play, rewind, skip with the remote without having to pick up my Phone, unlock, find the casting, start rewinding. Also my kids could play and pause when I cast something for them. But I don't want them to be able to use the YouTube app. They are restricted to YouTube kids via Google Family Link on their phones and tablets. :slight_smile: 

profile.country.SE.title
Knurra12
Explorer

It's just strange that the possibility to skip with remote was lost either in the lash Android update mentioned or if the implementation of YouTube in the casting was changed around the same time 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

As I said I cannot check it by myself, maybe one other users who has Pie on its tv. You may try to uninstall any update on the google cast receiver app to see if there is a previous version that suit your needs.

I guess installing the youtube kids app on tv is not what you are looking for  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.youtube.tvkids

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@daniele9020  did you notice this issue when casting a youtube video on your XG95 after Pie update?

profile.country.SE.title
Knurra12
Explorer

@rooobb as I said. The issue was not introduced with Pie. It worked fine before the last update from May 13. And that was Pie as well. 

profile.country.IT.title
daniele9020
Contributor

@rooobb I Have not notice this problem in my Xg95 after update to Pie 😉