Join now - be part of our community!

YouView and Oreo

profile.country.GB.title
MOW1952
New

YouView and Oreo

Is anyone experiencing problems with YouView and the OREO saftware update? 

I am losing programs e.g. ‘Information Not Available ‘. 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
KDickson
Explorer

Not sure if it is Oreo software, but yes, since updating the software last week, YouView is now not working at all.  Tried re-tunung but no help.

Help on the YouView site is of no help at all...  restart TV, check internet connection.  The most useful thing they could do is include their service status.

P.S. TV is KD-55XD9305

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

On the contrary, YouView acknowledge the problem, and that Sony are working hard to resolve it.

The best advice YouView can give at the moment, in advance of a definitive fix, is that a reset (not just a restart) of the TV has been known to alleviate the issue, and this is advice they are publishing in the YouView Community.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
MOW1952
New

Hi,  

I was concerned that I was the only one experiencing the problem so many thanks for your responses and help. 

I can can see why a factory reset would temporarily resolve the problem as it will force the software back to when I purchased the tv, but all my settings and data will be lost.

Also, I would need to disable the automatic software update function as the tv will automatically update to the latest software (OREO) and assume the problem will come back.

I have disabled YouView and hence switched to the Sony program guide (not as good as YouView though) so the problem has been temporarily resolved. I will wait for the fix(es) to be published. 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

It’s a common fallacy that a Factory Reset puts a TV back to how it was when it left the factory.

Something a bit misleading in the name :upside_down:

What it actually puts the TV back to is how it would have come from the factory if the latest software had been factory-installed at that time. And if somebody there had been testing it for as long as you have been using it, as I believe that such usage statistics as screen-hours also survive the reset.

Your workaround of using the Sony Freeview Guide until this is resolved is a good one though, and I cannot understand why this isn’t mentioned on the YouView Community :tongue_winking:

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…