Join now - be part of our community!

YouView Guide no longer since Router upgrade

profile.country.GB.title
shaunc1969
New

YouView Guide no longer since Router upgrade

Hi.......I recently upgraded to Sky Ultrafast Broadband but ever since I'm unable to watch programmes via the apps & there in 'no information available' for past programmes in YouView.

The TV is connected to the new router & I have so far tried the following;

• Turning off / on.
  • checking cables (the TV says it is connected to the new Router & I'm able to watch current programmes plus go into the various apps).
  • Factory reset.
  • Re-tuning.
  • Amending the Date / Time to / from Network.
  • Checking that the Sky Broadband Shield is set to 18, with no sites blocked.
  • I am able to watch streamed programmes on both my laptop & phone, just no longer on the TV (Sony KDL - 43W805C.                                                                                                                                                                            Any help would me greatly appreciated. Regards, Shaun     
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@shaunc1969 

Reboot the router.

Watching on laptop or phone, are you sure you are using the Sky Broadband, and not a mobile provider’s broadband?

(But do not let the answer, be it yes or be it no, stop you rebooting the router).

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
shaunc1969
New

Thank you for the reply, royabrown2, that's greatly appreciated.

I've re-booted the router several times but it is still the same issue. My TV says it is connected to the internet, via the new router & it will allow me to watch live TV & also to go onto any of the streaming apps. The issue is still that it will not allow me to watch any non-live programmes & that the TV guide shows 'no information available' for any non-live programmes.

Also, I'm 100% sure that both my phone & laptop are picking up my internet (not the network provider) whilst my laptop will only connect to the Router for the internet anyway.

Regards, Shaun

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You may try setting manually a public DNS on the TV (I e. 8.8.8.8) 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@shaunc1969 

Sorry that wasn’t it, then.

What about apps on the TV that are nothing to do with YouView? Netflix? Prime Video, etc? Can you get to the internet on those? This will tell us if it is a specifically YouView problem, or a general WiFi/internet failure on your TV.

(You said you could go into any of the streaming apps, but I wasn’t clear if you meant you could actually watch programmes on them or not; i.e. that you can watch a programme on BBC iPlayer directly, but you can’t watch it from the backwards EPG on YouView?)

Can you also, even if just as a test, try a wired connection?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…