Join now - be part of our community!

YouView Problem after Jan 2021 firmware updates

profile.country.GB.title
jonesey55

YouView Problem after Jan 2021 firmware updates

My almost new KD-55XG went through a firmware update yesterday 18th Jan, 2021.  There have been numerous changes to the interface and YouView.  The feature I found most useful in YouView was the live tv programme restart function (green button) for BBC channels, that now seems to have disappeared.  Has anybody found it?  My slightly older KD-49XG has not had a firmware upgrade and the "watch from start" functionality is still available and operational.  It's not apparent what, if any, the benefits of the upgrade are. 

Additional note.  I live in Scotland and the YouView TV guide does not update information for any earlier programmes for any of the Scottish channels, including BBC1 Scot, STV, BBC Scotland, BBC Alba, and hence you cannot directly play the programmes from the YouView guide as you are supposed to be able to.

Tags (2)
21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@vilivik 

Like this, from my cellular-enabled iPad, though you can do it on all mobile phones, plan permitting. You put the cellular/Mobile Data option On, turn on the Hotspot (called Personal Hotspot here), and then it pops up in the WiFi list of any smart device you have, including the TV, and you connect to it as if it was a router.

It’s an invaluable option if you think you may have a problem with your landline router, or the ISP behind it, rather than the TV itself, to see if that is the case or not.

DC8655EC-22E9-4A37-8CD6-FB9B18C4009E.png

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
Piscie
Community Team

Hi Spacelab01, you can find the software version by pressing Help on your remote. The latest version should be v6.5042. If it's not the same, you can update by pressing: Help - Software Update.