Join now - be part of our community!

zh8 1 8k port

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

zh8 1 8k port

Hi guys . ADVICE NEEDED. 

I have the new Zh8 8k tv on the way and just seen it has only 1 hdmi port  for the 8k content. 

I was wondering if I can connect a Hdmi splitter to  it and connect my playstation 5 & nvidia shield to the splitter that would be connected to the 1 8k hdmi port , or would i have to keep swapping the cables everytime i use one of the devices. 

Thanks again  for your replys  guys

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Josoap,

a "splitter" is not intended for the use you describe, it can only split HDMI signals to e.g. a TV and a Projector from one HDMI source.

What you would need is a HDMI "switcher" - but I am not sure if there are any functioning properly with 8K signals/bandwidths yet.

- Nic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Josoap,

a "splitter" is not intended for the use you describe, it can only split HDMI signals to e.g. a TV and a Projector from one HDMI source.

What you would need is a HDMI "switcher" - but I am not sure if there are any functioning properly with 8K signals/bandwidths yet.

- Nic

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

Thanks a million for your reply nic.

That's great to know , as I think I'd be looking for a switcher that would support 4k for the nvidia and ps5 when I get one . but as far as I know the 1  8k port that comes with the zh8 will upscale to 8k , but the problem is there's only 1 port and I'd be looking to use 2 devices. 

hopefully I can find a switcher that supports 4k .

Thanks again for your help pal. 

now I  know what to  look for

cheers again 👍 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Josoap,

glad I could help.

- Nic

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

just realised the switcher would have to be HDMI 2.1.  

searched over the net and found there doesn't seem to be any at this time , so it looks like I'll have to wait until a 2.1 switcher  comes to the market. but thanks again for your help pal 👍