Join now - be part of our community!

Attaching an external Mic to a CX250E

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
potkid
Visitor

Attaching an external Mic to a CX250E

Have just purchased a CX250E. When I attach the external mic all I get is a humming sound - what am I doing incorrectly?  Without the mic sound works ok

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

The accessory mic should have a 3.5mm stereo minijack, with two rings on it. You might have issues with other types. Make sure it's fully inserted.

It sounds as if you have the right jack there: check the user manual p.14: the one you need is second from the top under the flap on the side.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello and welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Out of interest, have you tried to attach this microphone to another camcorder or video device to see if you have the same problem. I am only asking this in case there is a problem with the microphone itself.

Thanks,

Simon

potkid
Visitor

Hi - Thought about that last night but no have nothing else to try it one. When I purchased there was even doubt about whether the socket  (which is red) was even a mic socket although there is a mic symbol close by

Mick2011
New

The accessory mic should have a 3.5mm stereo minijack, with two rings on it. You might have issues with other types. Make sure it's fully inserted.

It sounds as if you have the right jack there: check the user manual p.14: the one you need is second from the top under the flap on the side.

Cheers

Mick

potkid
Visitor

Hi Mick

Think you may have it, jack has only one ring - will have to look for another mic