Join now - be part of our community!

AVCHD files won't import. The files are greyed out.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Wamphray
Visitor

AVCHD files won't import. The files are greyed out.

I have a CX250E which has been working perfectly for the past two weeks since I bought it.  But a couple of days ago, the files (shot in HQ 50p) stopped co-operating.  They are now greyed out and can't be imported.

I have tried copying the Private folder onto my desktop, I've tried changing the name of the folder, I've tried putting the folder in another folder, I've downloaded trial versions of third party converters, all without any success.  Interlaced footage comes across without any trouble, but progressive is greyed out.

I've also reset the camera settings just in case. 

If anyone can help, I'd be glad to hear from them.  As I say, it's been working fine for the past fortnight - suddenly, it's stopped.

(PS  I am using a Mac, Mountain Lion, and Final Cut Pro 6.0.6)

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Wamphray - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I am not a Mac user myself so I can only offer limited assistance with this. Having said this, could I just ask if you have installed any updates to your operating system recently? The reason that I ask is that on here, I have seen some Mac users where cameras have functioned differently with slightly different versions of their Mac OS.

Thanks,

Simon

Wamphray
Visitor

Hello Simon,

I haven't updated anything (that I know about!) for the past couple of weeks, and this issue only arose two days ago. 

I'm going to go back to PC World (where I bought the camera) with a battery and SD card, and shoot something in 50p on their display model, and try to import that.  It's the act of a desperate man, I know, but I can't think what else to do to narrow down the options.

Technology, eh? Life was a lot simpler when all we had to worry about was the potato crop.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again,

That may be a good idea - let me know how it turns out :slight_smile:

Simon