Join now - be part of our community!

AX100E auto focus and manual focus Problem

profile.country.RU.title
DmitriyMakutenus
Explorer

AX100E auto focus and manual focus Problem

I bought a Sony AX100E in 11.2014. I started using the camera Actively in 2016. In 2017, I updated the camera's firmware to 3.0. Until the end of 2018, used only auto focus. But at the end of 2018, during the shooting of the concert, the focus on the 7 minute was lost and did not recover until the end of the shooting (the concert was 2 hours). On the next shots, I set the manual focus through the viewfinder. As a result, the camera recorded 2 hours of non-sharp image. In January 2019, I wrote a question to tech support. Technical support advised to reset the camera to factory settings. I reset the camera settings to the factory setting, the focus problem remained. I updated the firmware to 3.1, the focus problem remained. In October 2019, I passed the camera to the sony service. In the service, the camera was diagnosed and cleaned, said that the problem was fixed. In November 2019, the problem with manual focus repeated. The second time I passed the camera to Sony's service, they can't solve the problem. This camera's auto focus has been "going away" since the end of 2017. Then it was not often, by the middle of 2019 auto focus began to disappear often. Usually, I would point the camera at a nearby object and auto focus would be restored. When shooting from a tripod for large events, it is not possible to follow the focus during the entire shooting. Auto focus is guaranteed to disappear and not be restored during shooting. Manual focus does not work well. Tell me, who faced similar problems? How did you solve these problems?

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @DmitriyMakutenus,

@DmitriyMakutenus  schrieb:

Manual focus does not work well. 

if you manually focus you have to readjust the focus constantly by hand, especially if you are zoomed very far in.

- Nic