Join now - be part of our community!

AX53 High Speed Recording not working?

profile.country.GB.title
gambo47
Explorer

AX53 High Speed Recording not working?

Camera arrived yesterday and I do find the menu frustrating but having set it for HD and not 4k, I tried filing various subjects after selecting HSR, when i replay it ...no slow speed...please tell me im doing something wrong and if so what I should be doing, thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Pete_B

Hi gambo47

Thanks for your message and welcome to the Community.

Someone will look into this and get back to you as soon as they can.

Regards,

Pete_B

profile.country.GB.title
gambo47
Explorer

Thank you, any help appreciated.
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

@gambo47

Hi,

I plucked the following from the User Manual:

[94] How to Use Menu operations Shooting Mode

High Speed REC

When you record [ XAVC S HD] movies, you can use the high-speed recording

function.

1. - [Image Quality/ Size] - [ File Format] - [ XAVC S HD].

2. - [Shooting Mode] - [High Speed REC].

Note

When you set [ File Format] to [ XAVC S 4K] or [ AVCHD], this function is

not available.

I can see that you set the File Format to HD but was it XAVC S HD ? Note that AVCHD will not work with HSR.

I hope this helps ?

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it
profile.country.GB.title
gambo47
Explorer

Yes i was in the right menu for that...its "greyed out" if you choose either of the others...but it won't replay in slo mo, imported into editing and slowed it down using the software that i have always used but there is no pint in recording in HS mode if I just slow it down anyway with the software..Sonay Vega was good for that magix Movie Edit pro less so but still does ok.

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

@gambo47

Hi again,

Not sure if you know this but PlayMemories Home software is required to edit the function anyway i.e. the function will not work when just played back on the camera.

This is the information taken from the Sony Overview page https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/handycam-camcorders/fdr-ax53

High-speed REC for slow-motion movies

Record a movie at a high frame rate such as 100fps in Full HD. Slow motion movie (5) will reveal startling image quality in every instance of action.

(5) Requires editing with PlayMemories Home™ (free software for PCs). To create time-lapse movie, ver. 5.1 (Win)/ ver. 3.1 (Mac) or later version is required.

Have you tried this on PlayMemories Home ?

Regards

profile.country.LV.title
rigdonc
New

Thanks for solution to my Slow-motion recording. Seems as though it should be possible to switch to slow motion more easily?

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

@rigdonc

You are welcome :smiley: