Join now - be part of our community!

Cable Search - HELP

profile.country.en_GB.title
HANDYCAMHI8
Visitor

Cable Search - HELP

Hi - I am trying to purchase a lead from my OLD Sony Handycam Hi8 camcorder to connect it to my TV / PC.

This cable needs to be at least 1 metre long and has 3 RCA type male plugs (Red / Yellow / White) on one end and a single 3(?) mm jack plug with black plastic rings.

My Camera Model, according to the base plate, is CCD-TR728E (VIDEO CAMERA RECORDER)

So far in all my searches I have not been able to find a cable which specifically refers to TR728 or TR728E

but several that look "similar" but specify a different Camera Model.

Help Please

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi there, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

There's nothing special about the cable you need. The camera uses a standard 3.5mm stereo jack, with 2 black rings as you say. The cable should have three standard phono PCA males, exactly as you describe, to connect to your TV. These cables fit thousands of AV products, so it's no surprise that yours isn't listed. 

If you want a Sony one you can still find them for sale here and there, but they're exactly the same thing: http://www.sony.co.uk/product/dcc-docking-stations---cables/vmc-20fr/compatible-products

Bear in mind your best option for connecting to a PC is with a Firewire (i-Link) cable. This will give you a digital connection; the AV cable above carries an analogue signal and needs to be re-digitised to be editable on a PC. The analogue signal is fine for TV playback, however.

Cheers

Mick