Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot remove the filter lens. It is stacked.

profile.country.el_GR.title
antoniscc
Visitor

Cannot remove the filter lens. It is stacked.

I have tried several times to remove the lens, but I have faild in all of them.

The true story is that I have droped my camcorder on the floor. The camcorder hitted the floor with the edge of the filter lens and the glass has broken. After that I have tried to remove it so as to replace it with a new one, but in vain. It seems that it is stacked.

Can anybody give me some advice please. First of all I would like to know the unscrew direction. I beleive it is counterclockwise, isn't it?

Antonis

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Antonis - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The lens direction would entirely depend upon the model of camera that you own. Having said that, from what you have said it does sound like the damage has jammed the lens/filter in place and so you are unable to remove it. Is it just the filter that is damaged?

Simon

profile.country.el_GR.title
antoniscc
Visitor

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, only the filter lens is damaged and stacked. Nothing else. The camcorder HDR-XR550E works just fine.

Any ideas on how to remove it? I have tried really hard and it does not move atall.

Message was edited by: antoniscc

profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again.

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately!) this is not a problem that I have ever had to deal with. Having said that, there are various methods detailed online and it all depends on how much you want to risk damaging your camera with the use of tools.

Ideally, this would be a job for a camera repair shop but aside from this, you could try using the rubber sole of a shoe as detailed in this method:

http://www.petapixel.com/2011/11/23/use-a-shoe-to-remove-stuck-lens-filters/

This may sound a little crazy, but you never know! Apart from this, if you have a small enough pair of pliers, you could always try to break or warp the plastic outer ring in a few places to see if you can loosen it. This may be a little dangerous though as you could accidentally damage the lens beyond the filter.

If anyone else has ever experienced this then please let us know!

Thanks,

Simon