Join now - be part of our community!

Damaged ARW files?

WMPhoto
Explorer

Damaged ARW files?

Hello!

Since Saturday 1/10 I try to solve this big problem. My Sony Alpha a58 works very well, but some week ago I bought a new microSD card, only for a little more capacity (8GB) on the way. On Saturday I used it. But at home I found that all ARW and MOV files on this memory card are corrupted or damaged and I cannot open it in Lightroom. Only first six or seven RAW files are ready for use.

Please, can you help me to solve this digital disaster? This two MOV and some ARW files are for me very very important. Thank you in forward!!

MW

Edit: Link to downloadable files removed

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkin_Duke

Hello!

Sound like an issue of the memory card. You can try to rescue the date using a tool like this:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-rme/sony-memory-card-file-rescue-software

If this doesn't help I'm afraid that your precious moments are gone.

Cheers

PD

WMPhoto
Explorer

Hi, Duke 🙂

thank you for link, I tried it twice, but unfortunatelly it doesn't help. The memory card (SanDisk) must be wrong produced.

On this day I had only two SD cards and this one "smaller backup". I used it for the best moments (a day on helicopter military base, so aircrafts taking off from the runway about ten meters close to me,...) so this loss is a little sad experience. For other photographers, take a test of your memory cards before action - my wrong "set of" cards have been tested with two cameras and have this serials:

SanDisk, 8GB microSD

AOFOAL618TW

AOFOCL626TW, AOFOCL633TW (2x)

So, next year I hope the "mission" will be done without technical difficulties 🙂

Have a nice day, thank you!