Join now - be part of our community!

Data error while trying to play back.

profile.country.en_GB.title
sarthaksuman
Visitor

Data error while trying to play back.

I am using kingston 32 gb SDHC class 6 memory card for my sony DCR-sx33.Recording is fine but while playing back it says data error and wouldnot play. It however plays the video i have recorded earlier on. When i deleted the old files from memory card and started to record; again recording is fine and it seems while playing back it only plays back  for certain time like 20-30 mins or so of recording  anything more it says data error. No single recording of longer time is possible. also any new recordings while there is already recordings of 40-45 mins (not single but part by part) wont play back.data eroro msg appear in screen while playing back.

I would appreciate if someone can help me to overcome the problem. I was told this memory card is compatible.

cheers

Message was edited by: sarthaksuman

Message was edited by: sarthaksuman

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi sarthaksuman, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Kingston media should not cause any problems with your camera, although this does sound like a problem with the card itself. We do quite regularly hear form people who've bought cards on eBay which turned out to be fakes, although this card faults are always a possibility even with genuine branded media.

The best way to confirm this would be to get hold of an another card. Make sure it's a genuine branded card (not necessarily Kingston) and try a test record/playback. If you have the same issue then there's a greater chance it could be the camera at fault.

It's much more likely a different card will not produce the same error. I'd suggest contacting the seller of the card for a replacement, in that eventuality.

Cheers

Mick