Join now - be part of our community!

DCR-HC1000e handycam import video into Windows 7 64 bit

profile.country.en_GB.title
Dev-cam
Visitor

DCR-HC1000e handycam import video into Windows 7 64 bit

How do i import miniDV video into Windows 7 64 bit from a DCR-HC1000E? I have already emailed Sony support for a driver and on their advice i have downloaded and installed Picture Motion Browser v 5.8.02.10270.

The Sony email also says ' I can confirm that the drivers for the Handycam are already built into  the Operating System, providing you are using a Windows PC.'

PMB runs ok but it does not recognise the video camera. When i check devices in Control Panel I can see the camera as a USB device but Windows cannot find a driver for it.

When i power the camera off or on it is recognised as a connect USB device by the computer. I only have USB ports on my laptop and cannot install or attach Firewire ports.

Can you help?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.bg_BG.title
stoikovmd
Visitor

Hi Dev-cam,

I have the same problem but with DCR-HC24E. In my case the PC does not recognize the camera, despite PMB and USB driver were installed as SONY support adviced.

So, pls if anybody has experience with this to share it.

Thank you in advance.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

HI stoikovmd, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Windows 7 does seem to occasionally cause problems for owners of older handycams. Using firewire instead of USB often does the trick; if this isn't an option you should explore software solutions. If you have access to a PC running Windows XP, maybe upload to that and transfer the videos to the W7 machine.

It may even be worth getting an old copy of XP and installing it as a backup operating system. Boot into that and save the captured videos into a folder accessible when you reboot back into Windows 7. Not the most elegant solution but could save a lot of hassle.

If you're stuck with Windows 7, PMB may not be your best option. Try a free editor like Windows Movie Maker, or better still Sony Vegas. The latter isn't free but I've heard of more than one user who's found Vegas to be the only way of getting their cam to work with W7.

Hope that's some help

Mick