Join now - be part of our community!

DCR-HC35 Handycam - grey lines on display

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
lindsey1186
Visitor

DCR-HC35 Handycam - grey lines on display

I have had a DCR-HC35 Handycam for some years, but now there are thick grey horizontal lines appearing on the display when I view my pre-recorded tapes.  Does anyone know how to get rid of these lines?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lindsey1186
Visitor

I have been looking on other forums and have now got rid of the grey lines by using a cleaning tape in the camcorder.  Hopefully the lines won't come back!  :smileygrin:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lindsey1186
Visitor

I have been looking on other forums and have now got rid of the grey lines by using a cleaning tape in the camcorder.  Hopefully the lines won't come back!  :smileygrin:

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello lindsey1186 :slight_smile:

I can see that you have solved the problem now and thankfully avoided a repair / service. I just wanted to welcome you to the Sony Forums.

Thanks,

Simon

davidelse
Explorer

I occasionally have the same experience with horizontal bars on my DCR-HC44E, 46E & 96E camcorders and also just a blue screen when playing back analogue 8mm tapes on my DCR-TRV620E & DCR-TRV460E camcorders. I have found that the cleaning tape makes no improvement. What I’ve found does correct the problem is to put another tape in and record for a few seconds. Then replace the original tape, it and subsequent tapes play OK at least for that day. I wonder if others have found this works.

psweller
New

Thank you so much to davidelse. Recording on a new tape for a few seconds got rid of grey lines for me also on my DCR-TRV110E.