Join now - be part of our community!

DCR-HC45E ERROR CODE

profile.country.GB.title
sealent
New

DCR-HC45E ERROR CODE

I have not used my cam corder for a few years. I have connected it to the charger, opened the tape carrier and ejected the tape.

The carrier will not now stay closed with or without a tape in it. I am getting an error code message on the screen C:32:11.  I also get a message say re connect power source but this message does not stay and goes after a few seconds.

I have tried the reset button just by the scree.

What else can I try?

Thanks

Sealent

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Sealent :slight_smile:

From other similar messages that I have seen on here in the past, there is one possibility that springs to mind that may seem a little unorthodox - please bear with me! If you remove the tape and battery from the camcorder and then give the base of the device a few firm taps with the palm of your hand, this may clear a blockage in the mechanism that is causing this error message to appear. I cannot guarantee success with this method - however I have seen a few other people on here that have managed to fix their camcorder this way.

If that doesn't work, you may wish to get some quotes for a repair. First of all, you could try contacting Sony Customer Services using the contact details in the following forum thread:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

At the same time, it might be a good idea to shop around for the best repair price from other local repair centres if possible. I believe that there are also some places you can contact online who may be able to offer the same repair - this is always a good idea if the camera is out of warranty.

Thanks,

Simon