Join now - be part of our community!

DCR-SR72

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
sneddi
Visitor

DCR-SR72

Is there such a thing as a cable to my PC that has the semi-circle connection to my DCR-SR72 (not "E") and a standard USB2 connection at the other end? I need to download files urgently but all I can find in search engines is USB standard cables?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
binbash

Hi Sneddi,

No problem :smileyhappy:, it would be a lot easier if they used standard set of connections that's for sure. Does the camera only have the handycam station (yep the cradle) input and the power? I can't find manuals for your model only the E model so can't find that info easily. My camera has no inputs apart from the power, so I have to use the cradle.

I connect my cradle via firewire. If you search on google for " SONY USB CRADLE DCRA-C171 SET DCR SR62 SR72 SR82 SR200" , is that the cradle/set you are missing?

Hope you get there :smileyhappy:,

binbash

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sneddi
Visitor

Hi Binbash,

The cradle( is that the handycam station?) was lost in a recent house move. What I used to do was put the camcorder in the cradle and use a standard USB cable from the cradle to the PC as the outlet on the cradle was a standard USB (smaller one) to the USB port on the computer.

Picture Motion programe from Sony would then recognise the handycam and download the files.

Thanks for the visual I have that cable and bought an Easycap (3 female RCA line to EasycapUSB)to attache to that cable to try to get arounnd the cradle problem but these type of devices all have there own drivers which seems to screw up many other programmes and generally makes the PC crash.

I know Sony always wants you to use it's unique systems (but look what happened to Betamax!) but surely something as basic as a USB connection could have been put on the camera as it what was an expensive piece of kit when bought.

Thanks for your help so far. Do you have any further suggestions?

Kind regards

Sneddi

binbash

Hi sneddi,

Does the camcorder have a regular USB connector too?

I think you are referring to the A/V out slot? (the semi-circle?).

I am looking at the cradle of my old handycam and it says its the AV out socket.

Hope this helps

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Edited the post as it linked to a site selling products which is not allowed on the forums

binbash

Hi Sneddi,

No problem :smileyhappy:, it would be a lot easier if they used standard set of connections that's for sure. Does the camera only have the handycam station (yep the cradle) input and the power? I can't find manuals for your model only the E model so can't find that info easily. My camera has no inputs apart from the power, so I have to use the cradle.

I connect my cradle via firewire. If you search on google for " SONY USB CRADLE DCRA-C171 SET DCR SR62 SR72 SR82 SR200" , is that the cradle/set you are missing?

Hope you get there :smileyhappy:,

binbash

sneddi
Visitor

Hi Binbash,

Thanks for the link, it brought up the cradle that was lost. Looks like I will just have to buy a new one.

Thanks again for your help

Sneddi

binbash

No probs Sneddi, afraid it looks like the only way to get the video off. I have a newer handycam too and it thankfully has both a standard USB connector and an SD card slot :smileyhappy:! It makes life a lot easier