Join now - be part of our community!

DCR-TRV270E Enable Recording

profile.country.RU.title
aboineva
New

DCR-TRV270E Enable Recording

Hello Everyone, I have an old version of  video camera that is called DIGITAL VIDEO CAMERA RECORDER DCR-TRV270E PAL. I wanna know about its transformation to an old video from this camera to a computer with Windows 7. This program does not see the camera. Kindly help me out.

Thanks in Advance

Regards:  Eva Abion 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @aboineva,

if you still have the AV-cable (RCA, so the yellow, white and red plugs), you should be able to connect any video grabber to the camera and then to your computer to use it with any software you want to record the videos off of your camera or make use of a live video feed.

- Nic

Piscie
Community Team

The section on page 72 on the manual explains how to import videos/images from your camera to a PC: https://bit.ly/3fxtNh4.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Piscie,

the issue (and the reason why these types of questions keep popping up) is, because the old methods do not work with newer operating systems. That is the reason why I recommend the workaround with the video capture stick.

- Nic

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @aboineva,

on a Win 7 PC you should be able to transfer your files by using a Firewire (same as i.Link) connection. For Firewire your PC needs to have a Firewire connector of course. You'll find a detailed description here. A description for the installation of the correct driver when using Win 7 is included on that page as well.

In case you want to transfer your videos via USB you certainly will need the matching USB driver for your camera. That can be found on the original CD ROM which was provided with the camera. I'm afraid that there's no download available anymore on any of Sony's pages.

Cheers

darkframe 

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)