Join now - be part of our community!

DCR-TRV285E Pass Through Mode & Recording from VCR

profile.country.en_GB.title
derekcollins
Visitor

DCR-TRV285E Pass Through Mode & Recording from VCR

I have some old VHS tapes and some old Hi-8 tapes that I want to convert to digital on my mac using my TRV285E. I can import footage taken on the camcorder to my mac no problem using iLink and iMovie. However, I was under the impression that this should have a "pass through" mode but try as I might I cannot get this to work.

I connect to my mac using an iLink cable, then connect the other camcorder or VCR to the TRV285E but get no picture showing up on the Mac.

I have also tried recording from my old VCR (SLV-E700) and other older camcorder (CCD-TR425E) to the TRV285E with a view to importing them back into the mac as a two step process but nothing works - all I get is a grey screen and no sound. I have even tried using an old Panansonic VCR we have lying around but no joy there either.

Have thought about giving up and getting a USB converter but didn't want to spend money unnecessarily when I have this kit already and the manual says it can be done (page 67) - Hope someone can help out and shed light on this matter.

0 REPLIES 0