Join now - be part of our community!

Handycam DCR HC14E error C 31:23

profile.country.nl_BE.title
opagrijzepanter
New

Handycam DCR HC14E error C 31:23

I have a fine Sony DCR HC14E handycam and love making films of my grandchildren. Since a couple of days, I've got the C31:23 error on my camcorder. A rubber pressure roller fell out when I've turned the open camcorder upside down. The Sony Repair Center in Belgium doesn't replace this roller. Instead, they replace the entire frilmdriving mechanism and charge 120 euro without taxes for it....As my camcorder is a fine one and as I'm used to work with it (and don't want to buy a new one....), can somebody tell me if I can replace this rubber pressure roller by myself, without troubles? Can I find somewhere a schema of the inside of the handycam, so that I can see where the pressure roller is located?

Opagrijzepanter from Belgium

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello opagrijzepanter :slight_smile:

I wouldn't recommend doing any kind of internal work yourself within the camcorder as this is something that should usually be carried out by an official technician. Having said that, you may find cheaper prices by asking around some other local independent repair centres in Belgium as the price that you have been quoted is from the official Sony Center. I would advise you to shop around a little before attempting to repair it yourself.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.nl_BE.title
opagrijzepanter
New

Thanks Simon,

I'm going to see my regular photoshop tomorrow. Perhaps they know where I can adress me for a repair at a more fair price. And if that doesn't work, I will look on internet and give a few rings.

Hugo (Opagrijzepanter = granddadgreypanter )