Join now - be part of our community!

handycam dcr-sr37e error C.13.02

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
keetsy
Visitor

handycam dcr-sr37e error C.13.02

Bought this camera about a month ago, used it twice with no problems - then I switched on to use it , got a picture through the lens but no menu on the screen. After about ten seconds the message "overheated, cannot access media - turn off power and leave for a while in a cool place" even though the cam is definitely not even warm. the screen also shows the code "C.13.02". I can't access the menu to format the disk, I have tried pressing the reset button and I have connected to the computer but it does not pick up the camera.

Is there any way to sort this or will I have to send it to sony, please help. :slight_frown:

Message was edited by: keetsy

Message was edited by: keetsy

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello keetsy - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

As the camera is within its warranty period, I would definitely get in touch with Sony in the first instance. Any kind of overheating error, whether or not it feels hot, would indicate a potential internal problem and the safest option would be to call Sony Customer Services. When you speak to a representative, they will be able to ask some further questions and if a repair can be avoided, they will inform you of this.

All of the contact details are available on this forum thread:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello keetsy - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

As the camera is within its warranty period, I would definitely get in touch with Sony in the first instance. Any kind of overheating error, whether or not it feels hot, would indicate a potential internal problem and the safest option would be to call Sony Customer Services. When you speak to a representative, they will be able to ask some further questions and if a repair can be avoided, they will inform you of this.

All of the contact details are available on this forum thread:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Thanks,

Simon