Join now - be part of our community!

Handycam no applicable files available

profile.country.GB.title
FarrellC
New

Handycam no applicable files available

I have turned on my HDR-SR10 handycam for the first time in a while and when I looked at the files it seemed that there were some that I had not imported on to my PC. However, when I connect the camera to my laptop it is showing that there are no files to import. Having looked at the camera I can see the thumbnails, however when I click on them to view it is saying 'no applicable files available'. Have I lost them??

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Hopefully a community member can help.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @FarrellC,

@FarrellC  schrieb:

I have turned on my HDR-SR10 handycam for the first time in a while and when I looked at the files it seemed that there were some that I had not imported on to my PC. However, when I connect the camera to my laptop it is showing that there are no files to import. Having looked at the camera I can see the thumbnails, however when I click on them to view it is saying 'no applicable files available'. Have I lost them??

well, obviously you've deleted some of those files at least from the memory card e.g. by means of a PC. In that case the database of the camera, which normally is stored on the memory card, is not being updated and therefore still has got entries about the now missing files. That normally is the reason for the message about which you're talking.

Anyhow, you can easily update/repair the camera's database. For further information please click onto this link which will automatically open a full PDF manual of your camera in a new window/tab (you may as well right-click the link and store the PDF to your PC). Scroll down to page 63 of that manual. There you'll find a description of how to repair the database.

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)