Join now - be part of our community!

HDR 155 Buffer overflow even to memory card with no vibration

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
timXR155
Visitor

HDR 155 Buffer overflow even to memory card with no vibration

I have an 18 month old HDR-155 120gb HDD camcorder which keeps comming up with buffer overflow and randomly switching off. The buffer overflow occurs even when on a tripod in silence (as I found out at a wedding) and also when recording to a memory stick so certainly not a vibration issue. It can also switch its self off and does feel warm. Its in excellent condition and well looked after, Sony want a £200 fixed fee to fix it which I think is outrageous?

Any ideas please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi Tim, welcome to the Sony Forums

I'm surprised you're still getting buffer overruns recording to memory stick, that's normally a cheap & viable workaround when these cameras have HDD issues.

The only way that would normally happen is with an inadquate card, by which I mean it may not support a fast enough data tranfer rate.

Check that it's genuine, Sony/branded (you may have a sub-standard pirated card) and at least Pro Duo Mk2, ideally ProHG Duo, for adequate performance.

Sorry that's all I can think of :thinking:

Good luck with it

Mick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mick2011
New

Hi Tim, welcome to the Sony Forums

I'm surprised you're still getting buffer overruns recording to memory stick, that's normally a cheap & viable workaround when these cameras have HDD issues.

The only way that would normally happen is with an inadquate card, by which I mean it may not support a fast enough data tranfer rate.

Check that it's genuine, Sony/branded (you may have a sub-standard pirated card) and at least Pro Duo Mk2, ideally ProHG Duo, for adequate performance.

Sorry that's all I can think of :thinking:

Good luck with it

Mick