Join now - be part of our community!

HDR-CX115E

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jomorle25
Visitor

HDR-CX115E

I recently bought an HDR-CX115E Handycam and recorded some video at Xmas. I used PMB to transfer to my Vista Home Premium PC and recorded it to a DVD+RW, but when I tried to record more video on the same disc I received the message that the disc had been used and I should load a new disc. The same happened when I tried a DVD-R. I have tried numerous times, following the Operating Guide, but the same thing happens every time. What elementary mistake am I making?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello jomorle25 - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

With the DVD-R first of all, these discs are only designed to be written to once so this is why it will only allow one session of recording.

Regarding the DVD+RW, as far as I understand you can write to this format multiple times but you have to format the DVD+RW before starting a new recording i.e. you cannot add data to it, finish the recording session and then add more - all recording needs to be done in one hit otherwise you will need to erase everything and start again. The formatting can usually be done directly from 'My Computer' as opposed to within other software.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello jomorle25 - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

With the DVD-R first of all, these discs are only designed to be written to once so this is why it will only allow one session of recording.

Regarding the DVD+RW, as far as I understand you can write to this format multiple times but you have to format the DVD+RW before starting a new recording i.e. you cannot add data to it, finish the recording session and then add more - all recording needs to be done in one hit otherwise you will need to erase everything and start again. The formatting can usually be done directly from 'My Computer' as opposed to within other software.

Thanks,

Simon