Join now - be part of our community!

HDR CX240E

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
frankarthur
New

HDR CX240E

Just bought this and haven't tried it yet but having set up time and date I suspect it stamp it on the recording which I find detracts from the recording. Is there any way to turn it off?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @frankarthur,

@frankarthur  schrieb:

I suspect it stamp it on the recording 

no, this is not the case (it is no miniDV or VHS-C recorder :yum: )

You set the date and time so the video files get named accordingly.

- Nic

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @frankarthur,

@frankarthur  schrieb:

I suspect it stamp it on the recording 

no, this is not the case (it is no miniDV or VHS-C recorder :yum: )

You set the date and time so the video files get named accordingly.

- Nic

profile.country.IT.title
Bruce.Wayne
Contributor

The date and time are recorded automatically and can be displayed only during playback. To display them, select - [Setup] > [Playback Settings] > [Data Code] > [Date/Time].

http://helpguide.sony.net/gbmig/45315441/v1/en/contents/TP0000241794.html?

profile.country.GB.title
frankarthur
New

Thanks Bruce, I thought they would display automatically but I don't want them. Will your suggestion let me turn it off?

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @frankarthur,

the date is not embedded into the video, no matter the setting.

What @Bruce.Wayne described is a function to overlay the video just for playback.

It seems he misunderstood your question and thought you want to display the date and time in your video, which is only possible as mentioned above - during playback directly on the camera and only as overlay. The video file it selfs stays unaffected.

If you haven't done it yet, test the camera and you will see, that there isno date to be found in the video frame.

- Nic

profile.country.RS.title
madmarks
Explorer

I am very disappointed in cx-240e, using it for about 5 years. Main disaster to me is appearing message "buffer overflow",  occasionally. After starting recording, after 18 seconds it appears, what ruins my recording. On repair message, I answer no, because it never saves those 18 seconds of file. It sometimes appears without reason, but mostly after charging, and connecting to PC. SD card is always class 10 and (last years) UHC, and recording mode can be of any level. I believe that it is some software bug. I would like to hear from other owners, do they experienced "buffer overflow" messages. (Guy at Serbian support centre answered me, that I probably shake my cam,  he thought it records on hard drive. Funny support.)

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @madmarks,

would you mind to create a seperate post about your issue, that would make an escalation to support much easier.

To me it sounds like a hardware issue.

- Nic

profile.country.RS.title
madmarks
Explorer

Hi Nic, I will try to create separate review, as a new member, have to find way out to do it about my experience with sony 240.