Join now - be part of our community!

HDR-SR12

tommo48
New

HDR-SR12

I have the thumbnails showing on the camera screen, but they will not play. It states that no applicable files available. Nothing works through TV either. I also use a Sony VRD-MC5 to transfer files from the camera to DVD, and once again it says that no video files were found. I think that maybe I failed to select Safely Remove Hardware on PC in the past.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.NL.title
rtt007

The best way to get the videos&photos files from the camcorder Sony HDR-SR12 is to use the Sony Picture Utility - Import Media Files Utility via USB cable connected to your computer. In such case the file names are changed to file names according to the recorded year-month-day-time. The camcorder HDD drive is then mapped via the USB cable to your computer like 'Sony camcorder USB device' and you may also copy all the recorded video/photo files directly to your computer (original file names).

You may place the imported videos&photos files on USB stick/SD card and watch them on TV/TVplayer/tablet or use any movie maker software (Adobe Premiere Elements, Windows Live Movie Maker, etc) to prepare your own videos.

It may happen a camcorder disk error in case you have removed the battery while the camcorder was still writing the recorded files to the disk. In such case the best solution is to format the camcorder disk.