Join now - be part of our community!

HDR-TG3E Camcorder

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
raswfc
Visitor

HDR-TG3E Camcorder

Not sure if this is a setting problem or a fault with unit...but

for ages I have been able to take still photos by pressing photo button but since May the photo button just beeps - it attempts to auto focus but never takes a picture.,  The folder icon comes up and there is room for 3000+ piuctures on the memory stick.

I cannot see any setting that should stop it taking pictures but before I send to Sony for a fix I just wondered if anyone else had this issue?

Taking video is perfect...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi raswfc, welcome to the Sony Forums

The 'beep' is the normal focus confirmation you get just before the shutter fires. There may be a physical fault preventing the shutter release and I've added a link to a page below that will guide you through the repair process for your particular model, should the following bit of troubleshooting not work:

From what you say you might have tried this, but here goes... if you check your user manual under 'troubleshooting' you'll see a number of camera settings under which a still frame capture is not possible. There's a chance you have some 'special effects' settings engaged, black & white for example, which are incompatible with still shots.

You'll also find instructions for resetting the camera in the troubleshooting section; give that a go too, if you haven't already.

If all that fails, here's the link I promised earlier: http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/camcorders/hd/msc/msc.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=HDR-TG3E

Good luck, hope you get it sorted soon.

Mick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mick2011
New

Hi raswfc, welcome to the Sony Forums

The 'beep' is the normal focus confirmation you get just before the shutter fires. There may be a physical fault preventing the shutter release and I've added a link to a page below that will guide you through the repair process for your particular model, should the following bit of troubleshooting not work:

From what you say you might have tried this, but here goes... if you check your user manual under 'troubleshooting' you'll see a number of camera settings under which a still frame capture is not possible. There's a chance you have some 'special effects' settings engaged, black & white for example, which are incompatible with still shots.

You'll also find instructions for resetting the camera in the troubleshooting section; give that a go too, if you haven't already.

If all that fails, here's the link I promised earlier: http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/camcorders/hd/msc/msc.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=HDR-TG3E

Good luck, hope you get it sorted soon.

Mick