How do I upload my DCR-HC 94E video tapes onto my computer Windows 7

How do I upload my DCR-HC 94E video tapes onto my computer Windows 7

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi brezaj and welcome.

With Vista and Windows 7 transfer by USB is not supported and the best way is to use an iLink (firewire/DV) cable to transfer video.  iLink is supported by Windows without extra drivers. You can use any video capture/editing software but the free Windows Movie Maker works as well as any.

If you have no firewire input on your PC, you may be able to still use iLink if your PC has a PC Card slot or an ExpressCard slot.  You would need to buy a firewire card.

If your PC has not got a firewire or a card slot, you can't transfer your video in digital signal and will have to use the Analogue outputs from your DCR-HC94E and buy a USB video capture device to capture the analogue signal and convert it to digital in a form your PC can handle.  You can buy video capture devices from 15€ to 100€. Something like this will be needed: -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Camcorders-Recorder-Satellite-playstation3-software/dp/B003D8VQIG/ref=sr_1_5...

However, I see you are in the Czech Republic so it would be best for you to Google for "USB Video Capture Device" locally.  You should have the Analogue output cable that was with the camera when you bought it.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi brezaj and welcome.

With Vista and Windows 7 transfer by USB is not supported and the best way is to use an iLink (firewire/DV) cable to transfer video.  iLink is supported by Windows without extra drivers. You can use any video capture/editing software but the free Windows Movie Maker works as well as any.

If you have no firewire input on your PC, you may be able to still use iLink if your PC has a PC Card slot or an ExpressCard slot.  You would need to buy a firewire card.

If your PC has not got a firewire or a card slot, you can't transfer your video in digital signal and will have to use the Analogue outputs from your DCR-HC94E and buy a USB video capture device to capture the analogue signal and convert it to digital in a form your PC can handle.  You can buy video capture devices from 15€ to 100€. Something like this will be needed: -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Camcorders-Recorder-Satellite-playstation3-software/dp/B003D8VQIG/ref=sr_1_5...

However, I see you are in the Czech Republic so it would be best for you to Google for "USB Video Capture Device" locally.  You should have the Analogue output cable that was with the camera when you bought it.

:thinking: