Join now - be part of our community!

How to switch Sony FDR-AX53 from PAL to NTSC ???

gajbotron
New

How to switch Sony FDR-AX53 from PAL to NTSC ???

Hi all, I bought a FDR-AX53 in Europe, which means it only allows me to shoot in PAL 25/50fps. I need to shoot however in 30/60fps and my FDR-AX53 does not have a menu option to switch between PAL/NTSC (even the price of this EU version is higher than USA version).

Now, based on my research so far, this function seems to have been left out deliberately. I would kindly like to request a reason why this is not possible or why it has been left out intentionally. Every other Sony camera I've owned so far had this option and the FDR-AX53 is the first one to lack such a function and I would like to ask the support for some Firmware update so I can set my camcorder to shoot NTSC 60fps in 1080p, tnx!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @gajbotron,

Thanks for your feedback. We’ve sent this as a product improvement idea to our engineers.

Thanks,

C

Reprobyte
New

How did this go? This is unacceptable that we can't get 30p 4K in PAL region! Our camera is a full 20% slower on 4K frames per second and this really needs to be addressed, unfair treatment, why impose a barrier when the hardware is capable?

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

@Reprobyte

Hi,

This issue has been mentioned before, please follow the link here

There is a solution albeit a bit 'rough', it will also invalidate your warranty.

I don't think Sony will be able to fix this with a firmware/software update, it is actually printed onto the bottom of the camera that it is an EU model and therefore PAL

Hope this helps.

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it