Join now - be part of our community!

Movie Dubbing

SOLVED
bbz968
New

Movie Dubbing

I have a Sony HDR- TG7 Handycam with some movies in the Internal Memory .

I wish to ' Dub ' these onto a Pro Duo  8GB  ( empty )  which I have inserted .

Following the Handbook instructions ..... MENU > EDIT ( No. 7 ) > MOVIE DUB

On screen ' Warning ' ..... " HD Movie recording disabled "   ..... ???

can anyone tell me in simple steps how to do the required dubbing  !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bbz968
New

I am going to answer my own question here as I have experimented and found the answer.

The New  ( empty ) Pro Duo card had not been ' formatted ' to the TG7 Handycam ... so I changed the Media setting from Internal to Media card , inserted the Pro Duo card and ' shot' a few seconds of video , viewed and then deleted .  This action must have ' formatted ' the card .

When I again tried to Dub the internal videos to the new Pro Duo card ..... it worked  !!! .... Job done.

I can now play the old videos from the TG7 on my new HDR-PJ420VE  Handycam which takes Pro Duo and SD cards .   Is there a market for the TG7  ???

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bbz968
New

I am going to answer my own question here as I have experimented and found the answer.

The New  ( empty ) Pro Duo card had not been ' formatted ' to the TG7 Handycam ... so I changed the Media setting from Internal to Media card , inserted the Pro Duo card and ' shot' a few seconds of video , viewed and then deleted .  This action must have ' formatted ' the card .

When I again tried to Dub the internal videos to the new Pro Duo card ..... it worked  !!! .... Job done.

I can now play the old videos from the TG7 on my new HDR-PJ420VE  Handycam which takes Pro Duo and SD cards .   Is there a market for the TG7  ???

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Hi bbz968,

I'm glad you found a solution and thank you for sharing it with the community. :slight_smile: