Join now - be part of our community!

Need help with some questions about this camcorder ( SONY CCD-TRV46E)

profile.country.GB.title
clinthulk2
New

Need help with some questions about this camcorder ( SONY CCD-TRV46E)

Hello everyone! I just got today a beautiful, almost mint condition, Sony CCD-TRV46E. I'm saying almost because there are some scratches on the Viewfinder, but this is not the problem.

Basically what i love about these camcorders is the whole 90s aesthetic that I find simply beautiful.

But I have some questions that maybe with an answer,appvalleycan fulfill my whole experience with this amazing camcorder:

1. What I love mainly about these camc orders is the recording playback that can turn into white noise bands over the video when rewinding, fast forwarding and pause. Ttutuapp he thing is with this camcorder I achieve two different types of noises, in SP mode, the noises are more white and blocky, almost filling the whole video, while in LP mode, the noise is subtle and very nice. My question is. What is exactly the difference between these two mods? And when I should record in SP, and when in LP? Is it better, will last long the life of a tape and camera in a particular mode? I know about the length of the tape being longer in LP and shorter in SP,but never fully understood this, so that'll be awesome if you guys would explain it to me.

2. Is there any way I can achieve the Display Framerate on the transfered video on PC? After i transfer my video with an Easycap USB device, the framerate is smooth, but still not as it shows on my camera display.

3. Any other ways rather than keeping it in the bag I received that can make my camcorder last longer and pass the test of time? Cleaning tips, maintenance and so on?

Sorry if I'm being ignorant or not really into this field, the only handycam i ever bought beside this one was an DCR-TRV230E which was a piece of junk because i got scammed when i bought it and didn't worked at all, my only device that i've used with a VHS format being my dear long VCR that still runs and with it is just a matter of pressing Record and then Play.

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

At least for the information on the recording methods (SP / LP) you should find an answer in the complete Manuals of the time, they no longer do them as they once did:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/camcorders-tape-camcorders/ccd-trv46e/manuals?manuals-lan...