Join now - be part of our community!

no video import with PMB

profile.country.de_DE.title
mangelus
Visitor

no video import with PMB

Last Year I borrowed a Sony Cam (HDR-XR550E) to make some Vids with it. In the meanwhile I've got a new computer. The videos I took I stored on a USB storage. I reinstalled PMB on my new machine and now I wanted to register the folder on the USB storage  with the videos inside in PMB. But it doesn't work: Only pictures was shown - no vids. Do I need another software or codec or sth like this to make PMB recognize the videos?

Many thanks and kind regards,

Mattes

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
stcampb89
New

Hi Mattes.

I am not sure if I can help, but I have a SONY HDR8r which is great, Lots of Videos o n  the BIG internal disc.

I had to upgrade my PC for SONY VEGAS due to render speeds, etc.

Also had new WIN 7

So I downloaded the NEW VERSION OF PMB which I think is better.

But it did not know about all the transfers I had already done.

SO I asked on an umber of Forums but got NO replys which actualy helped.

In the end I down loaded all my videos again 1000's it took all one night.

I am now trying to JUST DOWNLOAD THE NEW videos from today, it i s still taking ages to 'Prepare'

I will let you know if it works tonight.

Stewart

profile.country.en_CH.title
sacinco
Visitor

Hi, I saw no real answer to this problem but I'm facing the same sisuation. I hope Sony support or others could help me out! I just changed my old WinXP for a new Win7 64bit. I used PMB since many years and I always stored my AVCHD files on external HDs. I have 3 TB of videos and I installed PMB latest version to my new PC, then I told PMB to register the folders from external USB HDs where I have all my stored videos. The folders can be tagged but just JPG files are shown while all Videos cannt be seen. I also tried to "update the database" function and other tricks but did not helped. Please if anyone knows how to solve it otherwise....

Thanks'

profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello sacinco,

Could you just confirm two details for me so that I can investigate this further:

1) The model of video camera that you are using

2) The version number of PMB software

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.de_DE.title
mangelus
Visitor

The problem is that it seems that some important parts of pmb will only be installed when the camera is plugged in. Thumbs up for this 'intelligent' software...