Join now - be part of our community!

Play Memories Home - Urgent Update needed

profile.country.GB.title
gamjgamj
New

Play Memories Home - Urgent Update needed

My laptop has just updated itself to Windows 10 Creator.

On launching Play Memoris I immediately get a PMBVolumeWatch.exe System error window. Sub text says MSVCR100.dll was not found.

Microsoft have the following explanation pointing to the fact the Play Memories Home needs an update...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_files/sony-playmemories-home...

I can't find how to escalate this through the Sony support website. Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @gamjgamj and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Which version of PlayMemories are you using?

Is it the latest version?

profile.country.GB.title
gamjgamj
New

I installed PMHOME_5402DL.exe on June 30th. it worked fine.

Since a Windows Update that I ran on 20th July I get the msvcr100.dll error when I try to run Play Memories. To be more specific, the error message box I get says it's from PMBBrowser.exe.

The update concerned was "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4025342).

I notice that this update includes fix(es) for Visual Studio code. Maybe msvcr100.dll was affected?

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again :slight_smile:

I'm wondering if it may be worth attempting to repair the file using the

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 package download from Microsoft found at:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=14632

(64bit version)

Heres the 32bit:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=5555

It may be worth installing both versions.

If a message pops up stating that the versions are already installed,  then choose the repair option.

Restart the computer and hopefully that will have helped.

profile.country.GB.title
gamjgamj
New

Thank you for the suggestion, jumpsuit. I tried that but the updates were rejected because later versions are installed. However, I have checked installed programmes and see that the following was added/updated on 22nd July and could easily be the cause of the problem...

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) - 14.0.24215

I bet that this contains a new version of the MSVCR100dll and is causing Play Memories to now fail.

Incidentally, when I boot up the computer I get an error pop-up window three times issued by PMBVolumeWatcher.exe with the message "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem."

What do you reckon I should do?

profile.country.GB.title
gamjgamj
New

In the end I removed Play Memories and my computer works properly again. I've given up trying to get it to work under Windows 10. It works on my Windows 7 Prof desktop, so I can get by.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Apologies for missing your post @gamjgamj

I think you probably took the best option until a solution becomes apparent.

I'm having trouble generally with various apps in Windows 10 but

so far Playmemories has ben ok, but I've had a shocker with the Memory card rescue software.