Join now - be part of our community!

PMB Import issue - all files

profile.country.en_GB.title
GLondon
Visitor

PMB Import issue - all files

I have an HDR-SR8E and just upgraded my PMB to 5.8.02.10270 and am running WIN7 64

I have specified where my video / picture folders were using "add folders" which PMB duly recognised and added my films / photos to various dates.

Now when I plug in to Import from my camera, PMB wants to import the whole hard drive, despite having checked "only import new files"

I have read some of the prior threads but these offer no solution.

Perhaps someone from SONY has an answer ? THis used to work fine before under Vista 32 and a very dated version of PMB.

I have backed up my Vista partition - if there is a file which PMB uses to index prior imported files perhaps you could let me know or have a fix for this seemingly obvious issue.

many thanks...

3 REPLIES 3
Mick2011
New

Hi GLondon, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

There were a few users reporting this issue recently but the suggested solution was to upgrade to PMB v5.8, which I see you already have done...

I'll check with a colleague on this to see if there's a known issue here.

One solution I often suggest, if it's causing problems, is to avoid PMB altogether and use Windows Movie Maker or an commercially-available video editor instead.

Cheers

Mick

GLondon
Visitor

Mick,

Many thanks - looking forward to a solution, if there is one... I already have my files arranged with PMB so not keen to change.

George

Mick2011
New

It seems the behaviour you reported has been known to occur when you upgrade PMB from an earlier version.

If you import all again PMB should remember already existing files for next time.

Cheers

Mick