Join now - be part of our community!

Problem creating Bluray disks with PMB 5.3

profile.country.fr_FR.title
paponce81
New

Problem creating Bluray disks with PMB 5.3

I own a Sony HDR-SR12 handycam that I have been using for almost 2 years. I recently acquired a Liteon iHBS212 BluRay writer that is installed in an i7 PC running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I upgraded to PMB 5.3 which works fine except for "Create Blu-ray Disc HD". When trying to create a Blu-ray disk, PMB prepares the files but when trying to write to the disk produces the error: "Cannot write to the disk because an error occurred" "[0070 - 0013 - 801B - 00008000]". I also use Pinnacle 12 and Roxio Creator 2009 both of which are successfully able to write to Blu-ray disks, so I know the hardware and disks are OK. Using PMB to create AVCHD Format HD disks on DVDs in the same drive works fine.

Is this a problem in PMB, or is there a driver incompatibility somewhere?

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.uk_AR.title
jpatel999
Visitor

Have you found the solution to your problem?

I'm having the same issue, unable to create the Blu-Ray Disc HD.  When trying to create the Blu-Ray disk, PMB prepares the files but when trying to wirite to the disk, it will get an error.  "Cannot write to the disk because and error occurred"  "[0070 - 0013 - 801B - 00008000]".

Sony HDR-SR12

PMB 5.3

Blu-Ray burner:   LiteOn M/N iHBS212

Many thanks if someone can find a solution to this problem.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Visitor

I am having exactly the same problem using PMB 5.2 and LG external Blu Ray rewriter. Please advise if you have a solution. Many thanks.

Regards,

John

profile.country.da_DK.title
reppen
Visitor

I have this problem as well. I have been using a Sony HDR SR-11E on my old HP PC and windows Vista which broke down 2 month ago. And I was succesfully burning BD disks up to 25 GB with the PMB upgraded SW. After I got a new ASUS PC with windows 7 Home Edition I can't burn BDs that contains more than 15 GB with Sony' PMB version 5.3. And I am using  both SONY 25 GB ang 50 GB discs type R and RE. I think Sonys new PMB software has a BUG when an error message like this come up (0070 8012 8013 0000C018). However, my problem comes allready in the "converting stage" and never in the disc "writing stage". It has nothing to do with the burner equipment i.e. I'm using a Buffalo type BR-XB16U2 and that worked very fine with the HP PC.

I think Sony should do something to this problem very soon or they will loose customers.

profile.country.es_ES.title
daviddae
Visitor

I had the same problem and solved it by unchecking the  seamless disk settings in disk creation in your PMB BLURAY CREATION SETTINGS MENU. I am using the 5.5 PMB version

profile.country.es_ES.title
daviddae
Visitor

uncheck the seamless disc creation in the disc creation in the Create  Blue Ray disc menu and it works fine

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Ok, if You use PMB You have to install  BD ADD ON software from first link down. If You will have any issue to install it, so it is becouse of You have install FW update version for PMB from support, for Your model, so deinsatall it and install original*-initial PMB from Your CD and than BD ADD ON software. After that look tutorials from second link.

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/BDUW/bd_addonen.html

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/int/pmb/feature/disk/bd.html

:slight_smile: