Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with DCR-DVD110 Video Camera

profile.country.en_IE.title
SeparatistDestroyers
Visitor

Problem with DCR-DVD110 Video Camera

Hey everyone. I was at a convention the other day and took a few videos using a DCR-DVD110 camera. Now, for the last few months this disc has been a bit dusty but it hasn't been a problem so I'm not sure if that is the problem, but whenever I try to play what I recorded on my laptop it won't play what I recorded. Now, I even checked while recording that the recording button on the camera was recording, and it was recording, but neither my laptop nor video camera will play the recording. Anyone know this problem and if so what can be done to solve it?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello SeparatistDestroyers - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

If the recording light was showing on the camera, you can be pretty certain that there should be some data on the disc itself. Before taking the DVD out of the camcorder, did you finalise it? If not, will the camera allow you to finalise the disc now or will it not even recognise it as a valid data disc?

If dust is becoming a problem, there are Mini DVD cleaning kits that can be found online that include a cleaning disc that may help. If you are concerned that the internal mechanism has become damaged in some way, it may be worth getting further advice about a repair from Customer Services at Sony. They can be contacted using the details in the following forum thread:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Thanks,

Simon