Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with Playmemories Installation (Handycam HDR-CX190)

profile.country.en_GB.title
Rae_Marie
Visitor

Problem with Playmemories Installation (Handycam HDR-CX190)

I recently got the sony handycam model HDR-CX190 and it recemended me to install Playmemories as a software for my videos. I did so, but when I tryed to install the expanded features, I got an error saying "Cannot install because this program does not support the operating system on the computer. This program requries Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista, or later windows operating systems." I have Windows 7, Service Pack 1 and my laptop is only two years old. If I'm not mistaken, the camera I have came out this year as well as Playmemories, so I don't understand why I would get this error. If anyone could help me on this I'd greatly appericate it.

Message was edited by: Rae_Marie

21 REPLIES 21
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Rae_Marie / Colbry :slight_smile:

Although these issues may be something that gets fixed in a future update of the software, I am going to try and seek some further advice on this. When I hear anything back, I will return here and let you know.

Thanks,

Simon

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

A representative from Sony Customer Services has asked me to request some further information so that they can try and find a solution for you. Basically, they would like to know about the expanded features that you have been trying to install. If you could reply here with this information I will make sure that it gets passed on.

Thanks,

Simon

colbry
Visitor

When one installs the included pmh software from the handycam it includes the ability to transfer files from the camera to a pc but if you want pc editing features you get the option, at the end of the basic installation, to update and extend. It is this update and extension installation that fails - it also overwrites the basic transfer software so that wont work anymore either. I can uninstall and reinstall the basic pmh from the handycam but in my case the basic pmh does not seem to recognise the SanDisk SD card in the handycam - the files on it are not listed in the transfer window. This SanDisk transfer problem may be resolved in the updated PMH, and that was another reason I tried to install the update/extended PMH, but as stated, I cant install the update.

To reiterate, the SanDisk SD card works fine in the handycam and I can transfer and edit files using Windows software. Just checked the version of my PMH - it is v.1.0.02.14151 - while I was doing that I noticed that this version of PMH doesn't support the MTS file format that my hdr-gw55 saves in!!! So its not the SanDisk card.

I have also tried to update and extend PMH with a download direct from the Sony site but same error message as in screen cap above.

Message was edited by: colbry

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again colbry :slight_smile:

Thanks for the extra information. I will make sure that this gets passed on.

Simon

colbry
Visitor

started a query direct with support and eventually got a link to a version of PMH for my camera and operating system - just for info that link is http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/HDR-GW55VE/downloads/pmhome#requirements - but there may be other versions for different cameras and OS other than Windows7 sp1. All works now - recognises MTS files on SanDisk sd card but haven't tried the editing expanded software yet.

Thanks for your help.

Rae_Marie
Visitor

Simon, are you asking me list the expanded features? I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but I basically can't do anything other than view my content without installing expanded features, which include editing, importing, and sharing the content. Do you think what helped colbry may help me as well?

Mick2011
New

Thanks for the informative update colbry, always very useful to know you found a solution :cool:

Cheers

Mick

colbry
Visitor

the equivalent download page for your model camera is at http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/HDR-CX190E/downloads/pmhome - you may have tried this already, I thought I had for mine but it worked this time. But see the system requirements on that page ie Windows xp sp3 (and 64 bit) is not supported, and others!!

Just saw that mine is a Sony UK page - yours might be different again!

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Rae_Marie, if you could try installing from the link that colbry has kindly listed here that would be great. Please let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Simon

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Did the updated software link work for you?

Thanks,

Simon