Join now - be part of our community!

sony handycam dcr-hc37e is not recognised by windows 7

profile.country.en_GB.title
simonbb1328
Visitor

sony handycam dcr-hc37e is not recognised by windows 7

Hello, I'm hoping someone may be able to help me.

I have a Sony Handycam DCR-HC37E which I have tried to connect to my laptop via the supplied USB cable. Windows 7 does recognise a device is added but cannot find the needed drivers to show it as a device.

I have downloaded the drivers from sony support and the original software and tried setting them in XP and Vista modes to no gain. I do not have firewire or ilink on my laptop.

Thank you in advance for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello simonbb1328 :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the mode where you run software in 'XP Compatibility' or 'Vista Compatibility' is usually more for software issues as opposed to hardware problems.

From past experience, there are two options here that you can try. First of all, if you have an old copy of Windows XP, you can install this on your laptop as a backup operating system and this will allow you to alternate between the two. You can use Windows XP to capture video, save it to a common folder i.e. 'c:\Captured Video' and then locate this files when you return to Windows 7.

Alternatively, if you have a look at the expansion options available on your laptop, you may be able to purchase a firewire card and install this. As long as your chosen product is Windows 7 compatible, this should allow you to transfer video without any problems. Without knowing your exact laptop specification, I would advise you to have a look at this page of results on Amazon and then perhaps shop around once you know exactly what is compatible.

Thanks,

Simon

simonbb1328
Visitor

Thank you, I have made a backup of XP and tried again via the USB cable but this still does not work.

My laptop is a Packard bell easynote new90 also known as a TM86, from what i can find from internet searches and the user manual, expansions are not available but I am the first to admit my knowledge is very poor when it comes to computers.

Thank you