Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Handycam DCR-PC120 E Mini DV Digital Camcorder: how do i keep the cam running in standby mode, without that it switches off automatically?

profile.country.fr_FR.title
whatscookin
Visitor

Sony Handycam DCR-PC120 E Mini DV Digital Camcorder: how do i keep the cam running in standby mode, without that it switches off automatically?

Problem with Sony Handycam DCR-PC120 E Mini DV Digital Camcorder

Sony Handycam DCR-PC120 E Mini  DV Digital Camcorder: how do i keep the cam running in standby mode,  without that it switches off automatically?

I would like to make a realtime video transmission from the camera to a  video projector, which is part of an ongoing artinstallation. How to I  keep the camera running in standby mode? Or what other possibility is  there to transmit the imge in realtime without recording?

Ce message a été modifié par: whatscookin

Ce message a été modifié par: whatscookin

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi whatscookin :slight_smile:

I don't think your camera supports USB streaming, which is the function you would ideally use for that purpose.

I've checked the DCR-PC120e manual but don't see it mentioned. If you do have it, it should appear as a camera menu option somewhere and you would have a USB Streaming driver (which you install on your PC) on the CD that came with it. 

The camera switches off automatically to conserve battery power; it might stay powered on if you connect the AC cord to a working power outlet. It's worth a try... sorry I can't be of any more help.

Cheers

Mick