Join now - be part of our community!

sony handycam HDR-HC9E camcorder to my panasonic DMR-BWT720EB blu-ray recorder

profile.country.en_GB.title
MartDee
Visitor

sony handycam HDR-HC9E camcorder to my panasonic DMR-BWT720EB blu-ray recorder

How can i connect my sony handycam HDR-HC9E camcorder to my panasonic DMR-BWT720EB blu-ray recorder so that i can record my holiday hd videos onto blu-ray? Please can anybody help? Im desperate!

4 REPLIES 4
Mick2011
New

Hi Mart, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

With the HC9E you would ideally use the mini-DV output, but I think that particular recorder doesn't have a DV-in port. Your camera has USB and HDMI outputs too, but it may be you'll have to use the S-Video output for the Panasonic, which should be a simple case of finding the correct cable. Unless the recorder has HDMI or USB..? I'm not very familiar with that device.

Have you tried one of these methods and had some problems?

Cheers

Mick

MartDee
Visitor

Thanks so much for your reply Mick! It does have a USB input on the blu-ray recorder at the front.and a scart input at the back.

Have you any idea where i could get the cables for s video to scart or hdmi (or any other output from my camera) to usb?

HELP!!

This is really frustrating me as i have expressly bought this blu-ray recorder for this purpose!

I would be very grateful for any advice!

Many thanks!!

Mart

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Mart :slight_smile:

If you have a branch of Maplin Electronics near you, they have a decent range of cables and the staff should be able to advise about the exact cable that will fit your equipment. If you want to save a little money and pick one yourself, Amazon.co.uk also offers them for sale - just search for 'S-Video Scart cable' or 'S-Video Scart adapter' etc.

Thanks,

Simon

Message was edited by: blaireau_photo

MartDee
Visitor

Thanks for that Simon!

Have sorted it on Amazon hopefully!

Watch this space!